- Hyperlearning Meter
- As part of our work on the NSF Combined Research Curriculum
Development (CRDC) program and our work with the ARPA CAETI
program, we developed a certification system called Hyperlearning
Meter. We reported on this in an NSF symposium for CRCD
investigators, April 1997.
- Internet Seminar
- In cooperation with the Arlington County Career Development
Center, we prepared an Internet seminar
introducing the Internet to our K-12 community.
- CNE Brochure
- A copy of our brochure is available as a web page
or as an Adobe Acrobat PDF document.
- Re-Engineering the Engineering School
- Peter Denning, Daniel Menasce, and Joseph Gerstner
wrote about the feedback-path strategy of the CNE for
the 1995 ASEE conference. Also available as an Adobe Acrobat
- Closing the Loops
- Peter Denning and Raul Medina-Mora wrote a paper for
Interfaces journal on the importance of workflow
mapping to a successful reengineering effort. © Copyright
1995, Institute for Operations Research and Management, 2 Charles
Street, Suite 300, Providence, RI 02904 USA;
firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted on this server with
permission. (Needs Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
Workflow and Productivity
- Peter Denning gave a keynote speech
at the Tools and Methods for Business Process Engineering in June 1996.
He claimed that the vexing service-sector
productivity barrier has been breached after two decades of stagnation.
(Needs Abobe Acrobat Reader.)
Workflow on the Web
- Peter Denning gave a keynote speech at a meeting of the
Virginia Telecommunications Users Group on July 25, 1996. He
discussed the fundamental networking principles needed for
electronic commerce and suggested workflow as a way to pierce
through the fog of apparent implementation complexity. (Needs
Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- Peter Denning wrote a chapter
for a book on Electronic
Commerce, giving his overview of the main issues that designers
must face. This chapter overlaps with "workflow on the web".
Before Virtual Memory
- Peter Denning put together a retrospective on virtual memory
for a book on the history of computing, on the occasion of the
50th anniversary celebrations by ACM and IEEE. (Needs Adobe
Sliding Through Operating Systems
- While working on several of the CNE modules, Daniel Menasce'
put together a web book, consisting of Powerpoint Slide images,
covering all aspects of operating systems.
Last updated 5/28/98.